Monday, March 23, 2015

On a Sunday Drive

After being cooped up for several days with a very bad bug and a trip to the hospital (I'll spare you from the details)  my thoughtful husband suggested a drive in the country.We found a whole community we never knew existed.

I love old barns

Stone drain 

Another lovely barn. I like the soft weeds in front

Barely standing but still working

But the most amazing thing we discovered was a tiny Swedish Cemetery
Twins-a baby boy and girl.sadly there were a lot of children that died early 

A huge tree Swalloing up this tombstone

i wonder if these will be swalloed up too.
Oddly most of the stones indicates how long the person lived rather then showing the date of death.

Another baby Rosa. A rattle and  what looks like a favorite toy was carved on the stone

A very old stone

I hope you get out discover new things







2 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

what a wonderful discovery ... I love old barns. They have such a community feel to them. And the old graves are always interesting to hear their stories and wonder about what their lives were like. Thanks for showing us!

VS said...

Thanks sweet Alice for stopping by & visiting me & making me feel so not alone in my madness!! :))) love your journey & I would have died to see this ancient cool cemetery..so very cool! I will get out this week & find something NEW in my horizon!
Smiles,
Susie