Saturday, April 26, 2014

Focus on Life Evening Moments


There is a moment when the day begins to quietly slip away from the earth and the calm of evening floods over the land.  Colors deepen, stars peek through pin holes in a twilight sky.  We begin to exhale and slowly let the world of the day slide from our shoulders.

I'm cheating a bit this week as our two older kids were back in Kansas for the Easter Holiday and  I totally forgot to see what our assignment was for this week. So I'm sharing a photo from the past.

This photo was taken at a farm in Kansas. The farm sits near the Kaw River.
The owners host a summer Feast in the Fields. Here the sun has gone down making a soft glow over the lovely table set in the corn field. The feast is over and the guests are nearly gone.

Here is the beautiful table setting which was taken early in the evening. There are around 100 guests and the food is fantastic.

In the fall the family hosts a feast in their stone barn.  And this June they will be hosting a feast in the pasture, which is something new. I can't wait!

9 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

really enjoying these photos! what a beautiful place, and that metal frame really draws you in with that first photo. My mom's side of the family is from Nebraska and I hear about the big farm dinners that my grandma called "thrashers" I have some of the table cloths she made for the event and they are crazy long! I have to double them up to use them - ha

Shel said...

How cool is this?!Such lovely photos. What a beautiful setting for a dinner gathering. I hope you take pics of the one in the stone barn - that's probably gonna be very cool, too!

Mary K. McGraw said...

I have always wanted to go to one of the Feasts in the Fields. You are so lucky.

Beti Horvath said...

Beautiful evening photos - worth sharing.

Annette said...

This would be so much fun to go to! Great photos!

Becky Pancake said...

Wonderful photos Alice. I like the spots of the sun fading in the first one. A field looks like a fun place to host a dinner to me.

thewovenspoke said...

Beautiful shots, that sounds like fun thing to do.

Nelly May said...

Oh that looks wonderful! Lovely memories.

Eileen T said...

What a lovely idea. Your photographs are beautiful.

Eileen @ In My Playroom (also doing Focus on Life 2014)