Thursday, October 31, 2013

For the Love of Autumn

I love Autumn. 
It brings a sense of renewal
and crisp fresh air
hot soups and homemade bread
bright colorful trees
pumpkins and gourds
children trick-or-treating in costumes
hay rack rides
soft and cozy blankets
hot cider and apple crisp
 
I want to share some photos of our trees. This one was taken a few days ago.
 
 
Same tree here, taken yesterday.
 
 
Aren't these leaves beautiful! A lovely Autumn Carpet from nature.
 
 
 
 
Here is a necklace I made to celebrate Autumn
'For the Love on Autumn'
Vintaj components, vintage crystals and a ceramic focal link from Havana Beads
 
'October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen. It is the distant hills once more in sight, and the enduring constellations above them once again.'
 ~Hal Borland

 
 
 
 

4 comments:

lynsey said...

Such gorgeous colours from those leaves, and a beautiful necklace.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Your necklace is wonderful, Alice... I love the subtle asymmetry of the larger Vintaj components. Fall was always my favorite season; even as a child I was anxious for school to meet new friends. Unfortunately, as I get older, each new autumn teases me with wondrous sights and smells, before gripping my bones in winter's cold embrace. Brrrr!

CraftyHope said...

I LOVE that necklace! The elements you used go so perfectly together. It's a beautiful design.

Cathie Carroll said...

I love a yellow house.
Someday.

Beautiful combination in your necklace!