Monday, April 23, 2012

Some Things You Might Want To See

You might remember this post from Sally Russick's Colors of Spring Challenge where I ran out of time to finish the last bracelet. I finished it a few weeks ago and here it is, better late than never.



Keirsten Giles and I were partnered up for Lori Anderson's Bead Swap. Here's the pretty package she sent me. It's not often that I remember to get a photo before I tear into the package.




Look at her beautiful Moo Card!



Keirsten was kind enough to send me a photo listing all the beads she sent for me to play with. Holy cow, she sent a lot! I've never seen the Javanese Glass beads before, and they are fantastic. But my favorite has to be her handmade components. I feel pretty lucky!



I have to say she didn't get that much from me. I had a difficult time trying to figure out what to send Keirsten--something she didn't already have, and something that would work well with her handmade components. It was much easier when I participated in the Bead Soup because it was a challenge to use something new. But this is all about our partner and what she likes. I was a bit nervous. So nervous in fact, that I didn't get a photo of what I sent to her. There is no set reveal date, but I hope to have several pieces to show you in the coming weeks.

I'm also participating in Cindy Wimmer's Button Swap, and here are the buttons I received from my partner Kim Bender. The vintage buttons are a rich, dark green color. I love that some are still on the original cards. I can't wait to work with these. I have not used many buttons in my designs so this will be a good challenge for me. The blog hop is May 13, so I have some time to play around with a few designs.



I was lucky to have won a pair of earrings from Marcia's recent giveaway. This lovley package came all the way from the UK. It was difficult not to rip open the envelope, but I thought you might want to see her sweet packaging.



The lovely earring card, a sweet thank you, and her business card-all gorgeous.



Aren't these lovely?!! The dangles are so sweet!



Playing around with the new options on Picasa--a free photo editing program.
This is a photo of the earrings still on the earring card. Sweeeet!




'Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.' ~ Picasso.

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That is a great lot of beady goodness that Miss Keirsten shared with you! I love what you did with that bracelet. The focal is sweet. And you got some great buttons! I hit the motherlode with my partner and still need to photograph and get busy. But first things first! I have to plan my next challenge for May. Yikes! Is it that time already?

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Unknown said...

I really like your bracelet - especially the way you mixed the warm tones with the dark wire. Very effective!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Wow! your Color of Spring bracelet turned out gorgeous! Keirsten was most generous...she is a wiz with metals! I would love to have some of her handmade components! Congrats on winning those gorgeous earrings! And, have fun creating with that beautiful stash of beady-goodness!

kimmykats said...

alice my dear you are going to be one busy lady!! Love how the bracelet turned out. Can't wait to see what you make out of your loot!!