Tuesday, December 27, 2011

On My Reading Table

Now that Christmas is over I hope to have a bit more time to flip through my favorite books and magazines. I don't have much time anymore to read a book, but magazines are just perfect when I want to relax. Here are the ones I'm reading now.

BeadTrends is a new one for me. I love the gorgeous jewelry and the easy to understand instructions.





A periodical published by the Stampington Company - Belle Armoire Jewelry features talented artists and beautiful jewelry. If you've never read one of these, just a warning, you'll be hooked on Belle Armoire the first time you pick it up.





I found this little book at Bed Bath and Beyond while shopping for Christmas gifts, and I just couldn't resist! I hope to have the time to make a few of these desserts before the older kids go back home.



Victoria is a magazine I've been reading for many years and never seem to get tired of it. The January issue is just beautiful, and filled with all my favorite things; good food, lovely decorating, must-see travel destinations, and more. Plus, this issue has a section on women living their dreams as entrepreneurs.





A magazine I really enjoy is one my dad passes on to me after he's done. Kansas! is a great magazine that shows all the wonders of my home state. Often Kansas gets overlooked as a place to visit, but really there are so many wonderful things to see and do here.





One of my goals for 2012 is to eat healthier. I've subscribed to the Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magazine. Though I haven't tried the recipes yet, I've enjoyed the tips on living healthy.



Another favorite Stampington periodical is Where Women Cook. And as usual, the newest issue is packed with gorgeous photos, inspiring features, beautiful kitchens, and of course, delicious recipes.



5 comments:

Libby Leuchtman said...

Don't you just love to sit down with a couple of good reads! Love all the suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Hello, dear Alice ~ I hope you had a lovely Christmas. Indeed, Kansas is fantastic, fresh, wide open. Missing it already. Have a wonderful week ~ xox Alexandra

Mary Lamoray said...

Wow!! I would never stop reading and everything else would go to pot! LOL! Very cool to see a magazine for your State... I know there is one for Vermont but I don't think there is one for Florida...

In the Light of the Moon said...

My goodness so many great finds...I may have to pick up bead trends...that sample photo has me hooked!!heehee.Big Hugs,Cat

My Life Under the Bus said...

Seriously we must be sisters from another mister! Love all the same throw in a Cooking Light, Romantic Homes, Stringing and all the other Stampington titles and I could happily live on a desert island! Hope you had a Wonderful Christmas Alice! XOXO