Saturday, January 11, 2014

Into The Forest Challenge

Last fall Lisa Lodge asked if anyone wanted to participate in a challenge.  I quickly signed up because it was a forest theme, and I do love forests.
 
We were sent a collection of beads that fit the theme, and could also use beads from our stash.
Here are the beads I received. I'm a big fan of green!
 
'Mythical Forest'
Polymer Driftwood Shards from Scorched Earth
Green and Brown lampwork beads from Lisa Anderson included in the kit.
Vintaj earwires.
 
'Above the Forest Trees'
Green drops from the kit
Vintaj Components
 
'Springtime in the Forest'
A ceramic focal bead from Blueberri Beads from my stash
Most of the glass beads from the kit
And of course Vintaj chain.
The necklace is very long and slips over the head.
 
Thanks to Lisa for organizing this challenge and for the wonderful beads,  and to Lisa Anderson for the gorgeous lampwork beads.
 
I didn't get to use all the beads but I really enjoyed playing along.
Check out the links below to see what the other participants made with their kits.
 
 
Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Eleanor Burian Moore, The Charmed Life
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Chris Eisenberg, Wanderware
Christine Stonefield, Sweet Girl Design
Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn's Creations
Janine Lucas, Esfera Travel Blog
Jasvanti Patel, Jewelry by Jasvanti
Shaiha Williams,   Shaiha's Ramblings
Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz
Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Toltec  Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Christie Searle Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry
Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
Monique Urquhart, A Half-Baked Notion
Janet Bocciardi, Honey from the Bee
Dini Bruinsma, Angaza by Changes
Heather Richter, Desert Jewelry Designs
Christina Miles, Wings n Scales
Elizabeth Engriser, Bead Contagion
Alice Peterson, Alice Dreaming You are here
Alicia Marinache, All the Pretty Things
Kay Mallery,TBD
Catherine Yvonne King, Catherine's Musings
Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
 
 
 


19 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

really beautiful! and very creative names! love those green drop earrings - gorgeous

Mary K. McGraw said...

Really like both sets of earrings and the asymmetry of the necklace. Looks like it was a fun challenge.

Catherine King said...

I am just in love with those polymer driftwood earrings. How wonderfully delightful.

Shai Williams said...

I am earring challenged and I have to admit that I envy your skill with them. Love both pairs but that first one is so incredible and unique that it really stands out.

Empty nester at last said...

Love those driftwood earrings...so "foresty"...and the third piece springtime in the forest...really caught my eye. Great job. Thanks for posting!

Christine said...

Lovely, lovely pieces! They fit the Forest theme perfectly!

beautifullybrokenme said...

As always, beautiful designs, Alice - the first earrings are so organic and earthy, and the other pieces are beautiful and delicate. Lovely!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

What a wonderful challenge and you have certainly risen to meet it, Alice :) I love all three pieces and the storytelling designs, and I'm sure you will have more creations to come from Lisa's generous bead selection!

I admired Petra's driftwood components for a long time and kept putting it in my cart LOL. They really are exceptional!

Charis Designs said...

Those driftwood poly clay dangles are the bomb! They pair so perfectly with the lampwork beads. You did such a great job with all three pieces of jewelry- Christie

Jo-Ann said...

I especially like the polymer driftwood!

Bobbie said...

When I saw the first pair of earrings, I honestly thought "Alice went out and found some bark for those!" How cool are they? All three creations are very pretty, but that first pair just really caught my imagination!

Chrissy said...

How do you make the polymer driftwood pieces? Those are so fun! Great pieces...

Esfera Jewelry said...

Love your designs, especially the first pair of earrings!!

Unknown said...

Yep, the first pair of earrings is my favourite♥ too... Every piece is beautifully created, but those earrings are stunning (-:

Cornerstoregoddess said...

Such wonderfully organic pieces. I especially like the earrings.

Anonymous said...

All your creations are pretty and bring to mind the forest. I love the Mythical Forest earrings especially!

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

Love ALL your gorgeous forest jewelry! "Mythical Forest" with work by Lisa Anderson & Petra Carpreau is AWESOME! Very beautiful, organic, so very cool. And I am completely in love with the beautiful gemstone earrings, "Above the Forest" -- the elongated aventurine pears are gorgeous, and your brilliant representation of birds flying above the greenery is lovely. How beautifully you've paired Vintaj and art beads, Vintaj and gemstones, and finally Vintaj and crystal -- gorgeous! The ceramic Blueberri focal is perfect, and the long chain of antique brass and sparkling crystal is elegant. I'd love to wear every piece!

KayzKreationz said...

I love your first pair of earrings. The polymer driftwood beads are wonderful with those lampwork beads. Both very earthy and reminiscent of the life in the forest and the decay. Your necklace is very colorful and reminds me of spring in the forest. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I especially like the first pair of earrings with the polymer "driftwood".