Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pasta Primavera Alfredo


Yes I still have the 1980's Country Blue dinner plates-don't judge me.
I found this recipe in a magazine and I just had to share it with you.
It's easy to make and you can customize it to your own taste by adding different veggies.

What you need:
3/4 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
3 cups small broccoli florets
3 carrots cut into thin slices
4 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
Cook spaghetti in a large pan, adding the vegetables to the boiling water the last 5 minutes.
Meanwhile cook the Cream Cheese, milk, Parmesam Cheese, butter and garlic powder in a sauce pan on medium heat until the Cream Cheese is blended well, stirring occasionally. 
Drain spaghetti mixture and return to pan.  Add Sauce an toss to coat.

My notes:
I add cooked chicken chunks in the sauce and  use  8 oz Cream Cheese
I also add red  and yellow peppers into the spaghetti water with the rest of  the veggies.
And sometimes I use a garlic clove rather than garlic powder.



1 comment:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Yum, I love me a recipe that consists of items I always have on hand, put together in a simple but creative way :) Thanks for sharing, Alice!