Monday, July 1, 2013

Around the Yard

Just the other day my husband and I were out in the yard.  He had his trusty camera with him and was taking a photo of a  very young bird nestled in the grass. The mama bird was very angry that he was so close to her baby. 

Soon we scooted away to give the mama and baby bird some relief.
This morning there were at least six little birds in the flower garden, with a watchful mama standing by.


Mama


A beautiful Asiatic lily with gorgeous color!

The accidental pumpkin plant is getting large and just yesterday I saw a few blooms!


A tiny mushroom.  I love tiny mushrooms.


Our Ginkgo tree. The leaves are smaller than last year but I'm hopeful.


Shasta Dasies--I just love these perky and very reliable flowers. I only wish they bloomed longer.


The wheat field across the road. It was breezy (as it always is in Kansas).

Thanks for visiting our yard.  All photos except the last one were taken by my husband.


4 comments:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

How I admire Mama Bird's unwavering attention to her little ones, Alice... few human Mums can outdo her devotion!

TesoriTrovati said...

I love that wee mushroom! Thanks for the trip around the yard. It looks like a restful place to be in summer. Enjoy the day. Erin

lynsey said...

Ooooh what a lovely little trip around your garden :-)

Lori Anderson said...

It seems we always have an accidental pumpkin plant or two lying around!