Sunday, January 20, 2013

If you're looking for my Focusing on Life 52 Photos Week Three post click here.
 
 
I'm so excited for the first reveal date of Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge!  Our goal is to make a pair of earrings each week for thirteen weeks.  Each pair must include at least one artisan-made component. I love making earrings (instant gratification) and actually have to force myself to make something else. The reveal dates are every two weeks, so there will be two pair of earrings at each reveal.
 
 
My first pair includes 'spicy mustard' lampwork beads by PD Lampwork. I purchased these many years ago and unfortunately I have lost track of this artist. Also included are earwires from Fire Mountain Gems, plated spacers form Rio Grande, and silver filled wire from Artbeads.  I love this stuff! 
'Grindstone'

My second pair includes lovely polymer beads from Heather Powers, wonderful Czech beads from
Arte Bella Surplus, and Vintaj brass branch dangles and earwires. 
'Meandering'

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please visit the Art Jewelry Elements Blog to see what the other participants have created.

11 comments:

Numinosity said...

Those Vintaj branch ones are super cool. I hadn't seen those components before and you tied them together so nicely with the matte and the shiny beads. Bravo and good luck on your challenge. I just love making earrings so a necklace a week would be a better one for me.

Bobbie said...

Alice, these are very cool! I especially love the trapeze effect of the first pair.

Unknown said...

Love the way the beads hang on the mustard set and LOVE the branches on the second set, great job!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Alice - these are gorgeous - love the color of the bead in the first pair. The second pair is begging to be worn while on a nature walk! Awesome way to use the compoonents together! :)

AliMc said...

Those twig earrings are divine!

Freestyle Elements said...

I love both of these pair of earrings, the color and design of the first one is spectacular. My favorite though, is the second one--loved the way you put it together.

AntiquityTravelers said...

OOOOh! Really like them both! I remember seeing your first pair on the Pinterest board thinking how much I liked those - love how you set the beads on their side. And the second pair is fabulous! Those Vintaj branches are great!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Really like both of your earrings, but am especially drawn to the one title. Grindstone.

CraftyHope said...

I'm so glad you explained why there are two sets of earrings on each of these blogs I'm hopping to. I was so confused. I was thinking the first one was the reveal and the second one was an extra bonus. I must be tired because my brain isn't firing right or something.
In any case, both of your earrings are really great. The simplicity of the first design really appeals to me while the romantic/natural elements of the second pair catches my attention. Fabulous work on both of these!!

Esfera jewelry said...

I love both pairs, but the second one is soooo clever and beautiful and fabulous.

baymoondesign said...

Cool earrings!