Friday, May 11, 2012

Finally Friday


'Mint Tints' is the inspiration for this week--from Design Seeds

A looooong time ago my husband a I took a trip to Bermuda with another couple we always hung out with. Bermuda is a British territory in the North Atlantic, just off the east coast of the United States. I was surprised, and delighted at how the island people are able blend the fun of the Caribbean with the elegance of the British culture. The islanders were only allowed to own one car, and tourists rented motor scooters. Billboards and neon signs are not allowed, and the only fast food restaurant was Kentucky Fried Chicken. The food was fabulous-I'm talking about the local food NOT KFC. The pink beaches were gorgeous, and the ocean-which is the inspiration for this piece-was spectacluar.




'Bermuda Jewel'

Made with tiny faceted Amazonite rectangles and sterling silver, this bracelet reminds me of relaxing on the lovely beaches of Bermuda.

Visit Shannon's blog for next week's inspiration and to play along.

7 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Alice,
This bracelet is so pretty! I love the simplicity of the design. I bet is was gorgeous in Bermuda.
Therese

CraftyHope said...

Ohhhh.. . I love everything about this. The light shade of blue, the simplicity, the recollection of a seaside vacation. It's just beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

Anvilartifacts said...

Yummy bracelet and in my absolutely favorite color! Love it! btw, two of my brothers were born in Bermuda. I've never been, but your wonderful description sure makes me want to go.

Lela said...

I love the ocean & I love your beautiful bracelet!

In the Light of the Moon said...

Ooooh I feel relaxed just looking at these soothing colors!! So Beautiful sweet Alice!!
xoxo Cat

AntiquityTravelers said...

that color is just dreamy! how beautiful

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

Beautiful! I loved this color :-)